- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – Dec. 1, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Many employers recognize trust is an essential ingredient for business success. Here are 10 ways to improve trust inside a company when managing employees.”
“Graduates of community college programs are hard-working and driven, recruiters say.”
“Ask a thoughtful question, and you get your new contact to think. And there’s no need to seem interested, because the conversation will become interesting.”
“How to leverage hiring trends to boost your job search.”
“Don’t fight feedback – embrace it and turn pain into profit.”
“Here’s a five-step plan to ensure everyone leaves your meetings saying, ‘Wow, that was a great meeting!’ (No, it’s not impossible.)”
“Many people don’t even realize they are handling email in an offensive manner. Follow these tips to keep people happy on the other end.”
“Sometimes to get to where you want to be, the best and easiest thing to do is to simply follow the examples that others set for you.”
“Make the world a better, happier and more peaceful place.”
“The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab