- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
STLCC Employees Complete People Leadership Certificate
The first class of the People Leadership Certificate Series recently graduated. This new series is offered by Professional Development & Quality and offers supervisors and managers the practical tools and knowledge to allow them to build on their skills.
The series was created with several skill modules and practical application sessions that are offered to the participants throughout the academic year. The modules include:
- Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities of a People Leader;
- Communicating Leadership Success;
- Building and Environment of Trust;
- Coaching Peak Performance;
- Setting Performance Expectations;
- Managing Performance Problems; and
- Reaching Agreement.
“The People Leader series is aligned and very appropriate with new performance management and evaluation process recently rolled out by Human Resources,” said Lita M. Pener, director, Professional Development & Quality. “We wanted to offer something to our current supervisors and managers to give them some tools to help deal with real world management situations.”
The series also included application sessions where students could practice their skills they have learned in modules, according to class facilitators Renee Huss and Barry Shapiro from the Workforce Solutions Group.
“We introduced tools the participants could use in their work environment,” said Huss. “The application sessions offered them the opportunity to discuss how they implemented these tools in their workplace allowing them to learn from each other’s real-life applications.”
The sessions were held at different campuses to allow participates the opportunity to learn about the district as a whole.
This year’s graduates included Adis Becirovic, College Police Officer, Forest Park; Lisa Lee, Student Support Specialist, William J. Harrison Education Center; Julie Stillman, interim manager, Auxiliary Services, Florissant Valley; Richard Norris, director, Life Sciences, BRDG Park; Peggy Feuerstein, copy center supervisor, Florissant Valley; and Stacy Edwards, manager, William J. Harrison Education Center and Community Outreach.
The series began last August, with 10 participants, but some were unable to complete all of the modules. Because of the flexibility built into this series, they will be able to complete the certificate program next year by attending the session they missed.
The series will be offered again starting in August. Participants can work toward a certificate which includes all 10 of the modules, or just take a particular module to develop management skills in one area. However, if you are interested in just taking a few modules without being enrolled in the certificate series, you will need to complete the pre-requisite module – Communicating Leadership Success.
Those interested in pursuing the certificate, must complete an application and get their supervisor’s approval. An announcement will be sent out later this summer with the application information.
Contact Lita M. Pener at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-539-5149, for more information about the People Leadership Certificate Series.
Originally published at http://now.stlcc.edu/2014/stlcc-employees-complete-people-leadership-certificate/