- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Panelists for 2014 State of St. Louis STEM Workforce Event Announced
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will present the 2014 State of St. Louis STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Workforce Report 7:30-10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10, in the Mildred Bastian Center for the Performing Arts at STLCC’s Forest Park campus, 5600 Oakland Ave.
Sponsored by the St. Louis Business Journal, the seminar will feature regional thought leaders who will discuss and respond to the latest STEM workforce research and intelligence that examine issues such as:
- The recovering economy
- A very competitive labor market
- The premium on knowledge workers
- The supply and demand for STEM talent
- How to develop and acquire the region’s STEM workforce
- The lack of qualified STEM graduates
These topics, real-time labor market data and the results of a regional survey of more than 500 employers in STEM-related industries will be discussed during the event. Networking and continental breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m., and the program follows at 8 a.m.
The STEM workforce panelists for the event are:
- Brian Crouse, Vice President of Education, Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Patrick Sly, Executive Vice President, Emerson
- Derek Bartlem, Head of Research, USA KWS Gateway Research Center
- Ann Cuiellette Marr, Vice President of Human Resources, World Wide Technologies
- Alan Spell, Research Manager, Missouri Economic Research and Information Center
- Roderick Nunn, D.M., Interim President, STLCC-Forest Park (moderator)
Admission is free, but reservations are requested. To RSVP online, visit www.bizj.us/wc3j5.
For more information about the event, visit www.stlcc.edu/STLworkforce.