- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Apply Now for New Boeing Pre-Employment Training Program Classes
The award winning Boeing Pre-Employment Training Program announces future training sessions starting January 12, February 23, and April 6, 2015. Apply now!
This accelerated job training program is offered by the Workforce Solutions Group and the Florissant Valley campus of St. Louis Community College in partnership with Boeing. The ten-week, 408-hour program prepares individuals for entry-level employment as an assembly mechanic in the aerospace field. Students who successfully complete the training program will have an opportunity to interview with Boeing.
All interested applicants must meet the eligibility requirements including the required scores on specific WorkKeys assessment tests. Due to the high demand, individual inquires or calls will not be returned. The first step for any interested applicants is to email or fax a resume to Wcdassemblymechanics@stlcc.edu or 314-513-4604. Updated program information may also be heard on the program’s hotline at 314-539-5921.
This accelerated job training program is an exemplary example of a successful collaboration between business and education. The program consistently maintains the highest job placement rate of all the college’s non-credit accelerated job training programs. To date, 219 have successfully completed the program with 190 hired by Boeing – reflecting a job placement rate of 87%.
In order to be selected for the program, and possibly hired by Boeing, students must meet stringent program requirements such as scoring at or above the cut-off on the WorkKeys assessments, maintaining a grade of 80% or higher throughout the program, and earning a certificate of completion for 408 hours of assembly mechanics training.
If you are mechanically inclined and are interested in a fulfilling career in the aerospace field, then this program is for you.
Title: Boeing Pre-Employment Program
Length: 10 weeks, 408 hours, eight hour days, five days a week
Location: Center for Workforce Innovation at the Florissant Valley Campus
Starting Dates for the next training groups: Jan 12, 2015, Feb. 23, 2015, and April 6, 2015
Topics that will be covered during these ten weeks include:
- Team Dynamics
- Basic Math
- Hand Tools, Measuring Devices, Blueprint Reading
- Process Specifications, Abbreviations & Aircraft Terminology
- Rivets, Screws-Bolts-Fasteners, A/C Sealing, Power Tools
- Basic Electrical, Electrical Bond & Ground, Wiring & Bundling
- Hydraulics, Flight Controls & Landing Gear, Oxygen Lines, Safety
- Interview Skills
Applicant Eligibility and Requirements
Resumes will be evaluated and qualified applicants meeting the program criteria will be selected for WorkKeys assessment testing.
Individuals will be scheduled for an interview for entrance into the program if they meet the required assessment test scores and resume evaluation criteria.
All potential participants must meet the required score on the WorkKey assessment tests for applied math, locating information, reading for information, and observation.
How to Get Started
Interested individuals should email or fax an updated resume to Wcdassemblymechanics@stlcc.edu or 314-513-4604.
Up-to-date program and class schedule information may also be heard on the hotline number at 314-539-5921.