- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Training Program
Let Your Future Take Flight with a Fulfilling Aerospace Career
The award winning Boeing Pre-Employment Training Program will start the first of four class sections on June 30 at the Center for Workforce Innovation.
The accelerated job training program is offered by the Workforce Solutions Group and the Florissant Valley campus of St. Louis Community College in partnership with Boeing. This ten-week, 408-hour program prepares individuals for entry-level employment as an assembly mechanic in the aerospace field. Students who successfully complete the training program will receive an interview with Boeing.
All interested applicants must meet the eligibility requirements including the required scores on five WorkKeys assessment tests. Due to the high demand, individual inquires or calls will not be returned. The first step for any interested applicants is to email or fax a resume to Wcdassemblymechanics@stlcc.edu or 314-539-5022. Updated program information may also be heard on the program’s hotline at 314-539-5921.
This accelerated job training program is an exemplary example of a successful collaboration between business and education. The program consistently maintains the highest job placement rate of all the college’s non-credit accelerated job training programs. To date, 219 have successfully completed the program with 190 hired by Boeing – reflecting a job placement rate of 87%.
In order to be selected for the program, and possibly hired by Boeing, students must meet stringent program requirements such as scoring at or above the cut-off on the WorkKeys assessments, maintaining a grade of 80% or higher throughout the program, and earning a certificate of completion for 408 hours of assembly mechanics training.
If you are mechanically inclined and are interested in a fulfilling career in the aerospace field, then this program is for you.
Title: Boeing Pre-Employment Program
Length: 10 weeks, 408 hours, eight hour days, five days a week
Location: Center for Workforce Innovation at the Florissant Valley Campus
Start Date for the First Class Group: June 30, 2014
Topics that will be covered during these ten weeks include:
- Team Dynamics
- Basic Math
- Hand Tools, Measuring Devices, Blueprint Reading
- Process Specifications, Abbreviations & Aircraft Terminology
- Rivets, Screws-Bolts-Fasteners, A/C Sealing, Power Tools
- Basic Electrical, Electrical Bond & Ground, Wiring & Bundling
- Hydraulics, Flight Controls & Landing Gear, Oxygen Lines, Safety
- Interview Skills
Applicant Eligibility and Requirements
Resumes will be evaluated and qualified applicants meeting the program criteria will be selected for WorkKeys assessment testing.
Individuals will be scheduled for an interview for entrance into the program if they meet the required assessment test scores and resume evaluation criteria.
All potential participants must meet the required score on the five WorkKey assessment tests for applied math, locating information, reading for information, observation, and teamwork.
How to Get Started
Interested individuals should email or fax an updated resume to Wcdassemblymechanics@stlcc.edu or 314-539-5022.
Up-to-date program and class schedule information may also be heard on the hotline number at 314-539-5921.