- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Ann Brand to Serve as MCCA Interim Executive Director
The Missouri Community College Association has appointed Ann Brand to serve as interim executive director. Brand recently retired from St. Louis Community College, where she worked for more than 35 years in positions in governmental affairs, community outreach, marketing and public relations.
During her time at STLCC, Brand served on various boards and policy commissions with the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, the American Council on Education, the American Association for Women in Community Colleges, and the American Association of Community Colleges. She currently serves on Citizens for Modern Transit and on policy councils with the St. Louis Regional Chamber, the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and North County, Inc. She has participated in the Missouri Chamber’s Leadership Missouri program and is now on its alumni board.
Brand has a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri and an MBA from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville. She has taught business and economics classes as an adjunct instructor.
Brand will serve on an interim basis until the association identifies a permanent executive director. Association leaders expect to launch the search Oct. 3 and hope to have a permanent executive director in place by Jan. 1.
Photo of Ann Brand, right, pictured with Mo. Rep. Clem Smith.
Originally published in the STLCC Newsroom at http://www.stlcc.edu/Newsroom/2014/09/News26.html.