- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Sept. 23, 2013
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“They’re the first ones to ask about which activities you should kill.”
“What Industries and Occupations Will Be in Demand.”
“A comprehensive guide to smart and engaging sites.”
“Team members often make off-track comments when there isn’t clear agreement on the meeting’s purpose or process, or when the team doesn’t provide time to hear each team member’s thoughts on a topic. Sometimes the problem is that you think others are off-track when they are not. So how do you handle it?”
“The St. Louis zone’s economy appeared to pick up steam in the second quarter, as employment in all of the zone’s MSAs registered positive growth for the first time in five years. Business optimism also improved over the past three months, as only 11 percent of business contacts surveyed expect to reduce their payrolls, down from 20 percent from three months earlier.”
“Blaming the economy is a convenient excuse to not provide training. Employee education and development must be an indispensable component of organizational culture.”
“Taking the time to reflect and be thoughtful about how you’d like to be seen and then living that out through your writing and your interpersonal relationships is a powerful way to ensure you’re seen as the leader you are.”
“When employers screen job applicants, they might spend as little as a few seconds scanning your résumé before moving on to the next. If they see red flags during that initial look, they’re likely to toss your application and move on to the next candidate.”
“How long should my resume and cover letter be? How long should I wait before following up?”
“How do people become truly influential in the social age?”
“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill