- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Oct. 7, 2013
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s not rocket science. Being a better leader starts with the little things.”
“The workplace version of a first date, a job interview brims with nervous energy and expectations, but as with a first date, both parties hope it’ll be just wonderful. This might help.”
“Only 23% of those who were laid off had been given a negative review the previous year. The implication is that the other 77% who were asked to leave had no clue this was coming. We were able to identify six factors that should have raised red flags. Everyone who’d been laid off shared at least two of the following:”
“If it were easy to empower employees, everyone would do it. Help your people step up and happily help grow your company.”
“Before counting on any innovation offering from a vendor to change their fortunes, managers should invest in two kinds of education.”
“Most so-called employee engagement programs are misbegotten, unwieldy, ineffective rolling caravans of impractical or never-going-to-be-implemented PowerPoint presentations.”
“Finding new workers is complicated. Follow these five tips to mitigate the risk of a bad hire.”
“More than half of résumés contain lies, and while there’s no limit to what job applicants can lie about on their résumés, here’s the list of the top 10 lies.”
“Want to be successful? You have to communicate effectively.”
“Here, in no particular order, is a list of some of our most popular content on social media from reports released in 2013.”
The majesty and beauty of Iceland in 40,000 photos shot in September 2013. (Vimeo, 2:41).
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams