- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Workforce Development News – Oct. 21, 2013
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s always good when you can promote an amazing employee to a management position – but don’t forget to help your new manager excel at leadership. Here’s how.”
“The most important qualities employers seek are basic teamwork, problem-solving, and the ability to plan and prioritize.”
“Up your leadership game by practicing these four moves.”
“We all dream about winning, but it’s the showing up that counts.”
“Great leadership is hard. Very occasionally, it’s pretty simple – like just not saying dumb things.”
“Companies with diverse employee populations outperform those with less diverse populations.”
“Employees will doubt you, you’ll run out of ideas for posts, and you’ll want to quit. But fear not. Your blog will survive.”
“To have a truly wonderful day, getting it started with your best foot forward.”
“More than a handful of the comics documented in his legendary workplace strip actually came straight – sometimes verbatim – from his readers’ work-lives, and his own. Scott Adams just made the humdrum funny, and without much exaggeration.”
“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar