- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Nov. 18, 2013
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Having good people radar is harder to teach than technical skills, but is a requisite for long term, effective leadership.”
“The entry-level candidates who are on tap to join the ranks of full-time work are clueless about the fundamentals of office life.” Cites results from our State of St. Louis Workforce (http://STLCC.edu/STLworkforce) report.
“Tips that should help you get ahead in your current role.”
“Bad bosses cost the U.S. economy $360 billion a year in lost productivity, and 65 percent of employees say they would take a new boss over a pay raise.”
“Employees work harder when they know the boss is trustworthy.”
“Managers routinely claim that their strategic planning process creates large, detailed documents, but often little else. It’s as if the process serves no purpose other than to create the plan, and execution is somehow separate.”
“Maybe it’s public speaking or pitching investors. Whatever makes you weak in the knees – next time it happens, try this.”
“Millennials are facing an astonishing level of competition for every job. There are hundreds of you applying to every job. So, how to defy Oldster expectations and set yourself up with a career you can be proud of?”
“Suffering from the blahs? Do something about it. Here are 10 suggestions on how to make an ordinary day something special.”
“If you can’t explain it to a 6-year-old, you don’t understand it yourself.” – Albert Einstein