- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Dec. 23, 2013
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
Discover the common traits of 1,200 successful CEOs, celebrities, authors, and politicians.
The Hottest Recruiting Opportunities for 2014, Currently Impactful Trends That Will Continue to Remain Important, The Biggest Strategic Recruiting Challenges, Areas That Will Continue to Diminish in Importance, and Trends That Won’t Peak Until 2015 and Beyond.
“There’s nothing more annoying than a meeting that goes on and on and on. As a manager, it’s your job to make sure people don’t go off on tangents or give endless speeches. But how can you keep people focused without being a taskmaster or squashing creativity?”
“With a new year approaching, many people have an ‘out with the old and in with the new’ mentality—and work is usually a big part of that.”
“Giving a meaningful thank you is its own art form. But accepting praise? That can be even more complicated.”
“Networking is one of the most common ways to get to know people and interact with them. So how do you connect with the people who are critical to the growth and success of your business?”
“There are several reasons your profile is a mess: Lack of involvement in groups, a paucity of recommendations, and plain, old neglect to name a few. Oh, and ditch that photo of you at the monster truck rally.”
“Working out which types of leaders you have on your team can work wonders for your effectiveness as a group. It helps you to recognize how you and your colleagues can individually make their best contributions.”
“Having one of those days where nothing is moving the right way? Here are nine ways to turn it around.”
“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” – Bill Cosby