- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Dec. 2, 2013
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“You can’t take on stress in a stressful way. What you want is to develop a sustainable habit: a stress-free approach to reducing your stress.”
“Need a nudge toward success?”
“Here’s a breakdown of minimum wage workers in a few key categories, along with a breakdown of all hourly workers, for comparison.”
“Being able to think on your feet, to gather your thoughts quickly and deliver your point convincingly, is an essential skill for anyone who needs to sell his or her ideas.”
“Almost half of new hires fail within 18 months. Here’s how to find people who will excel.”
“Only 15 percent of hiring managers say nearly all or most job seekers have the skills and traits their companies are looking for in candidates. Here are some tips to help make yourself more marketable as a job seeker.”
“We often miss out on opportunities to express gratitude, especially at work. Gratitude enables us to cope with stressful circumstances and be resilient in the face of challenges. And even simple expressions of gratitude can have powerful and long-lasting effects on those who receive them.”
“Eight eternal reasons why you should begin and end each day feeling good.”
“The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde