- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
The Leadership and Innovation Series: Developing New Models of Leadership
Today’s leaders face many unique pressures to refocus their organizations in response to economic, political, social and technological challenges. Current models of leadership may not be serving these organizations effectively. While innovation is a widely accepted ingredient for sustained success for all organizations (both public and private), many leaders are unable to effectively infuse innovation into their portfolios. Additionally, while managing change is seen as an important leadership challenge, many leaders do not recognize that it is a contact sport requiring a healthy dose of courage, compassion, risk taking and keen survival skills.
Join Dr. Roderick Nunn, Vice Chancellor for Economic Development and Workforce Solutions at St. Louis Community College as he introduces you to current models of Leadership and Innovation.
This program is based on research of leadership and innovation and provides you with the knowledge necessary to reframe your leadership philosophy in ways that facilitate innovation, resilience and sustained success both personally and professionally.
“This course is designed to make you think about how and why you lead the way you do and take the class discussions back to your job and apply them to improve the way you manage.”
Rebecca Zoll, North County Inc.
“The St. Louis Community College’s Leadership and Innovation program has had a decided impact on my work at the International Institute. I have been able to utilize many of the concepts I learned with my own staff and elsewhere in the agency’s supervisory and leadership teams. A key concept I learned from Dr. Nunn is that with leadership comes risk, but without taking that risk, moving your staff forward is not possible. I would highly recommend the Leadership and Innovation program to anyone who has a deep passion for their staff and organization and wants to see them develop to their full potential.”
Paul Costigan, Director of Prog. Development and Quality Assurance, International Institute of St. Louis
BUSN 701, Section C01
Thursdays, 9/12, 9/26, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7, 11/21
9 am – 12 pm
St. Louis Community College
Corporate College, 203
3221 McKelvey Road, 63044
Register today by calling St. Louis Community College Continuing Education at 314-984-7777 or online at www.stlcc.edu/ce.