- Enroll Now for the March 23rd No-Fee Warehouse & Distribution Specialist Class
- Workforce Development News – Feb. 23, 2015
- Boeing Pre-Employment Training: A Riveting Start To A Career
- Meeting the Healthcare Cost and Quality Challenges
- Project Management Class Begins April 1
- Workforce Development News – Feb. 17, 2015
- Leadership for Life – Giving Employees What They Want
- Work should be an exciting and joy-filled experience…Too often it isn’t
- Workforce Development News – Feb. 9, 2015
- TriZetto Graduates Lean Six Sigma Green Belts
Attend the Information Technology Insights Seminar March 7, 2013
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 53 percent growth in available jobs in the information technology field into 2018. What is fueling this growth?
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will sponsor an information technology industry insights seminar 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 7, at the STLCC Corporate College, 3221 McKelvey Road. Local perspectives of this growth prediction as well as other real-time labor market information, workforce opportunities and trends occurring in IT will be shared.
Jim Brasunas, executive director of the Information Technology Entrepreneurs Network, will facilitate a discussion on the IT landscape in St. Louis, including talent development, career opportunities, companies and local technologies.
Laura Lester, workforce research analyst with the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center, and Steve Long, Associate Vice Chancellor for Workforce Solutions will share the results of the St. Louis Workforce Report for the IT industry, results of the St. Louis Workforce employer survey as well as local, state and national labor market information and analysis of IT occupations.
Dianne Lee, professor in information systems at STLCC, will lead a discussion on closing the IT talent gap, program and resources serving the industry as well as trends in electronic health records, cyber security and big data.
Registration for the workshop is $49 and includes breakfast. To register, contact the STLCC Continuing Education department at 314-984-7777. For more information, contact Tim Gallo at 314-539-5741 or by email, email@example.com. Course number BUSN 795 Section C01.