- Continuing Education Summer 2014 Catalog
- Leadership for Life – Old Fashioned
- STLCC HealthCare Program Graduates Are Ready to Work!
- Nunn to Serve as Interim President at STLCC-Forest Park
- Adult Learning Academy Helps Students Pass the Test
- Workforce Development News – April 14, 2014
- Award Winning Boeing Pre-Employment Program Starts June 2
- Trending Now: Best “Unconference” in Town!
- Spreading the Word (STLCC WorkKeys Use Model)
- New Aviation Maintenance Credit Certificate Program
Attend the Information Technology Insights Seminar March 7, 2013
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 53 percent growth in available jobs in the information technology field into 2018. What is fueling this growth?
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will sponsor an information technology industry insights seminar 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 7, at the STLCC Corporate College, 3221 McKelvey Road. Local perspectives of this growth prediction as well as other real-time labor market information, workforce opportunities and trends occurring in IT will be shared.
Jim Brasunas, executive director of the Information Technology Entrepreneurs Network, will facilitate a discussion on the IT landscape in St. Louis, including talent development, career opportunities, companies and local technologies.
Laura Lester, workforce research analyst with the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center, and Steve Long, Associate Vice Chancellor for Workforce Solutions will share the results of the St. Louis Workforce Report for the IT industry, results of the St. Louis Workforce employer survey as well as local, state and national labor market information and analysis of IT occupations.
Dianne Lee, professor in information systems at STLCC, will lead a discussion on closing the IT talent gap, program and resources serving the industry as well as trends in electronic health records, cyber security and big data.
Registration for the workshop is $49 and includes breakfast. To register, contact the STLCC Continuing Education department at 314-984-7777. For more information, contact Tim Gallo at 314-539-5741 or by email, email@example.com. Course number BUSN 795 Section C01.