- Enrolling Now for Business Office Administrative Training
- Workforce Development News – Oct. 20, 2014
- Leadership for Life – Keep Calm and Make a Plan
- Missouri Community Colleges Receive $19.7 Million Grant to Train Workers for STEM Careers
- Learning to See: Value-Stream Mapping
- Workforce Development News – Oct. 13, 2014
- The Need for STEM Talent
- Workforce Development News – Oct. 6, 2014
- Leadership for Life – Down on the Farm
- Ann Brand to Serve as MCCA Interim Executive Director
Attend the Information Technology Insights Seminar March 7, 2013
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 53 percent growth in available jobs in the information technology field into 2018. What is fueling this growth?
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will sponsor an information technology industry insights seminar 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 7, at the STLCC Corporate College, 3221 McKelvey Road. Local perspectives of this growth prediction as well as other real-time labor market information, workforce opportunities and trends occurring in IT will be shared.
Jim Brasunas, executive director of the Information Technology Entrepreneurs Network, will facilitate a discussion on the IT landscape in St. Louis, including talent development, career opportunities, companies and local technologies.
Laura Lester, workforce research analyst with the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center, and Steve Long, Associate Vice Chancellor for Workforce Solutions will share the results of the St. Louis Workforce Report for the IT industry, results of the St. Louis Workforce employer survey as well as local, state and national labor market information and analysis of IT occupations.
Dianne Lee, professor in information systems at STLCC, will lead a discussion on closing the IT talent gap, program and resources serving the industry as well as trends in electronic health records, cyber security and big data.
Registration for the workshop is $49 and includes breakfast. To register, contact the STLCC Continuing Education department at 314-984-7777. For more information, contact Tim Gallo at 314-539-5741 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Course number BUSN 795 Section C01.