- Apply Now For The No-Cost Certified Logistics Technician Program Starting Sept. 14, 2015
- Short Term Offer through 9/30/15: No-Cost Logistics Training for Employees
- Workforce Development News – August 31, 2015
- Tee for Tuition: St. Louis Community College Golf Tournament
- 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report Presentation by Alan Spell
- Knowing Too Much and Too Little at The Same Time
- Workforce Development News – August 24, 2015
- Environmental Remediation Job Training 2015 Graduation
- Reactions to the 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report
- Workforce Development News – August 17, 2015
Attend the Information Technology Insights Seminar March 7, 2013
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 53 percent growth in available jobs in the information technology field into 2018. What is fueling this growth?
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will sponsor an information technology industry insights seminar 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 7, at the STLCC Corporate College, 3221 McKelvey Road. Local perspectives of this growth prediction as well as other real-time labor market information, workforce opportunities and trends occurring in IT will be shared.
Jim Brasunas, executive director of the Information Technology Entrepreneurs Network, will facilitate a discussion on the IT landscape in St. Louis, including talent development, career opportunities, companies and local technologies.
Laura Lester, workforce research analyst with the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center, and Steve Long, Associate Vice Chancellor for Workforce Solutions will share the results of the St. Louis Workforce Report for the IT industry, results of the St. Louis Workforce employer survey as well as local, state and national labor market information and analysis of IT occupations.
Dianne Lee, professor in information systems at STLCC, will lead a discussion on closing the IT talent gap, program and resources serving the industry as well as trends in electronic health records, cyber security and big data.
Registration for the workshop is $49 and includes breakfast. To register, contact the STLCC Continuing Education department at 314-984-7777. For more information, contact Tim Gallo at 314-539-5741 or by email, email@example.com. Course number BUSN 795 Section C01.