- STLCC to Receive EPA Grant to Recruit, Train and Place Workers in Green Environmental Jobs
- EPA Official to Announce Support for Green Jobs Training at STLCC Ceremony
- Employers See Great Avenues for Recruiting New Employees
- Workforce Development News – May 18, 2015
- Leadership for Life – Assessments
- May 20, 2015 North County Opportunities Expo: Trades, Training and Apprenticeships
- American Job Center Opens Meramec Campus Office
- Selecting a Lean Consulting Partner
- Workforce Development News – May 11, 2015
- Save the Date: Aug. 5, 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Event
WorkKeys Solution Center at Corporate College
In a continued effort to address the hiring and training needs of companies in the St. Louis region, the STLCC Corporate College has added the WorkKeys Solution Center to its offerings. The WorkKeys System approach is used to narrow down an applicant pool, match candidates to jobs, and identify skill gaps that negatively impact productivity. Its foundation skill assessments give reliable, relevant information about employees’ and applicants’ core job skills. Additionally, a soft-skill talent assessment can be used as a selection and employee-development tool that measures a candidate’s work-related attitudes and behaviors.
What kind of benefits does the WorkKeys System provide to employers?
- Integrates with the ISO 9000 standards for quality business practices.
- Meets requirements adopted by EEOC.
- Assists in the development of valid, legal and efficient hiring process.
- Aids in the reduction of turnover, overtime, and waste.
- Improves the efficiency and cost of training practices.
- Provides reliable results for promoting and training decisions.
- Enhances the ability to develop and retain a high performance workforce.
- Represents common language through worldwide recognition and usage.
For those interested in how WorkKeys can help address the workforce skill gap needs, please check out this resource: http://www.act.org/research/policymakers/pdf/abettermeasure.pdf.