- Enroll Now: OSHA General Industry Certification Training Starts July 11
- No-Cost CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training, Enroll Now for June 27 Class
- Workforce Development News – May 23, 2016
- Class B CDL Truck Driver Training, Apply Now for July 11 and 25 Classes
- The Invisibility of the Obvious
- OSHA Construction Safety and Health Training Certification, Starts June 13
- Save the Date: Aug. 10, 2016 State of St. Louis Workforce Event
- Workforce Development News – May 16, 2016
- Enroll Now for Customer Service Institute Class Starting June 20
- Register Now: Heartsaver CPR AED, June 14, 2016
STLCC Celebrates Corporate College Grand Opening
Business leaders, elected officials and local educators celebrated the grand opening March 8 of St. Louis Community College’s new Corporate College at 3221 McKelvey Road in Bridgeton.
“The Corporate College is an investment in our future. This state-of-the-art facility provides a glimpse into the future economic landscape where a premium is place on knowledge workers and innovation,” said Myrtle E.B. Dorsey, Ph.D., STLCC chancellor. “At the Corporate College, our goal is to leverage education to work for both businesses and individuals, because that is what a relevant, comprehensive community college must do to support its community and the economic development of our state.”
St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley commended the college for creating new ways to connect educational opportunities with corporate partners and other working professionals through the Corporate College.
“It makes great sense to create this connection,” Dooley said. “The curriculum here matches the 21st century, and that is so important as we move forward in this economy. St. Louis Community College is doing an outstanding job in really making a big difference not just for students, but for adults and professionals as well.”
[youtube id=”VrekgvoQ218″ width=”620″ height=”360″]
The Corporate College offers a full menu of workforce solutions to advance individual and business success in the knowledge economy. The facility was purchased in 2010 and renovated in 2011. It has nearly 30,000 square feet of space to serve the needs of corporate St. Louis, including 18,000 square feet available for meeting and event services. The renovated space features 10 classrooms, including a unique 360-degree collaborative training space; four conference/break-out rooms, including two executive-level conference rooms; 175-seat multipurpose room; two computer training labs with a total of 36 stations; and a testing/assessment center.
The new facility will offer:
- Meeting and event services.
- Professional development opportunities, including industry-specific licensure, certification preparation and testing.
- Performance improvement programs, including leadership, lean practices, six sigma, customer service and project management.
- Industry-specific seminar series highlighting critical issues such as electronic health records, cyber security, sustainable technologies, lean enterprise and supply chain management.
The Corporate College also is home to the Workforce Solutions Group, formerly known as Workforce and Community Development, STLCC’s entrepreneurial workforce development arm that provides corporate and community services, and continuing education. The Workforce Solutions Group is the largest provider of training and consulting services in the St. Louis metro area, advancing nearly 25,000 employees from 100 local companies each year.
Originally published at: http://www.stlcc.edu/Newsroom/2012/03/News11.html