- Apply Now For The No-Cost Certified Logistics Technician Program Starting Sept. 14, 2015
- Short Term Offer through 9/30/15: No-Cost Logistics Training for Employees
- Workforce Development News – August 31, 2015
- Tee for Tuition: St. Louis Community College Golf Tournament
- 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report Presentation by Alan Spell
- Knowing Too Much and Too Little at The Same Time
- Workforce Development News – August 24, 2015
- Environmental Remediation Job Training 2015 Graduation
- Reactions to the 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report
- Workforce Development News – August 17, 2015
STLCC Celebrates Corporate College Grand Opening
Business leaders, elected officials and local educators celebrated the grand opening March 8 of St. Louis Community College’s new Corporate College at 3221 McKelvey Road in Bridgeton.
“The Corporate College is an investment in our future. This state-of-the-art facility provides a glimpse into the future economic landscape where a premium is place on knowledge workers and innovation,” said Myrtle E.B. Dorsey, Ph.D., STLCC chancellor. “At the Corporate College, our goal is to leverage education to work for both businesses and individuals, because that is what a relevant, comprehensive community college must do to support its community and the economic development of our state.”
St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley commended the college for creating new ways to connect educational opportunities with corporate partners and other working professionals through the Corporate College.
“It makes great sense to create this connection,” Dooley said. “The curriculum here matches the 21st century, and that is so important as we move forward in this economy. St. Louis Community College is doing an outstanding job in really making a big difference not just for students, but for adults and professionals as well.”
[youtube id=”VrekgvoQ218″ width=”620″ height=”360″]
The Corporate College offers a full menu of workforce solutions to advance individual and business success in the knowledge economy. The facility was purchased in 2010 and renovated in 2011. It has nearly 30,000 square feet of space to serve the needs of corporate St. Louis, including 18,000 square feet available for meeting and event services. The renovated space features 10 classrooms, including a unique 360-degree collaborative training space; four conference/break-out rooms, including two executive-level conference rooms; 175-seat multipurpose room; two computer training labs with a total of 36 stations; and a testing/assessment center.
The new facility will offer:
- Meeting and event services.
- Professional development opportunities, including industry-specific licensure, certification preparation and testing.
- Performance improvement programs, including leadership, lean practices, six sigma, customer service and project management.
- Industry-specific seminar series highlighting critical issues such as electronic health records, cyber security, sustainable technologies, lean enterprise and supply chain management.
The Corporate College also is home to the Workforce Solutions Group, formerly known as Workforce and Community Development, STLCC’s entrepreneurial workforce development arm that provides corporate and community services, and continuing education. The Workforce Solutions Group is the largest provider of training and consulting services in the St. Louis metro area, advancing nearly 25,000 employees from 100 local companies each year.
Originally published at: http://www.stlcc.edu/Newsroom/2012/03/News11.html