- Register Now: OSHA Construction Safety and OSHA General Industry Classes
- The Instant Pudding Myth
- Workforce Development News – February 21, 2017
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Training
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts April 2017
- Register Now for Spring Essential Classes for Nonprofit Professionals
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes
- Workforce Development News – February 13, 2017
- Sign up for STLCC Alerts
- Take Your Career to the Next Level with Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Training
New Year Resolutions
Are you struggling with making New Years resolutions that will stick? Here are some business-oriented suggestions from our Team:
- Do more to make full use of the knowledge and experience of each of your employees.
- Take full control of your work environment and to not let it control you.
- Remember that one of the most powerful motivators of top performance is a feeling of being needed and valued by one’s employer.
- Get your Microsoft Certification.
- Get your staff trained in Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Treat your internal customers with a style that communicates respect, professionalism, and a clear message. The internal customer is often overlooked in customer service initiatives.
- Say “DEAL” and call us for Customer Service training.
- Be a better coach.
- Help your work team work together more effectively.
- Stop hiring people based on your “gut feeling.” Validated hiring techniques improve performance and cut down on turnover, saving your organization a lot of money.
- Say “YES” to that meeting when that nice Marketing person from the College calls!
For our Customized Training Grant clients, resolve to:
- Collect copies of training rosters as the training occurs rather than trying to compile all the info when the Customized Training Invoices are due.
- Turn your invoices in on time and spend half of your Customized Training grant by December 15th.
- Complete your customized training proposal by May 1st.
- Use us as a quality resource for the up-and-coming needs of your company.
Our team has some resolutions, as well. We resolve to:
- Develop and deepen relationships with our clients. We will contact current clients and reconnect with former clients to see how we can help them meet their organizational goals in 2009.
- Focus on our strengths and capabilities to build individual and organizational confidence. We will recognize success and achievement within our organization and communicate our successes to others.